Beautiful boy needs a new home

Har du unger eller voksne rotter til salg? Salgsannoncer postes her, og vedlæg gerne nogen billeder :-)

Redaktør: Lylle My

Besvar
Nicola
DTF Forum Medlem

Beautiful boy needs a new home

Indlæg af Nicola » man jul 27, 2020 7:59 pm

Last week we unfortunately had to say goodbye to one of our two boys. We are left with Nik who is 1year and 3months old. I am not in the position to make the commitment to adopt two new rats. After speaking to a breeder, it was recommended that I will have to find Nik a new home. I find it a horrible thing to do, but in the end I want to give him the best quality of life. I am based in Odense.

Nik is a shy boy, who was a little bullied by his cage mate and this has made him a little “shy”. I believe he would enjoy the love from some new friends, love he never received from his previous cage mate. Both were pet store rats.

I hope I’m posting this on the correct page, I have some trouble navigating the forum as I don’t understand danish.

Brugeravatar
Lylle My
Site Admin
Geografisk sted: Aalborg

Re: Beautiful boy needs a new home

Indlæg af Lylle My » man jul 27, 2020 11:42 pm

This IS actually the correct page to post it, but I'm afraid there are only af few active members in this forum anymore - most rat owners use facebook now, so you might not find a new home for Nik in here.

I would recommend, that you try to find a new home for him in one of the danish rat facebook groups. One of them called "Tamrotter i DK" https://www.facebook.com/groups/215867215148682/ still allows buying and selling rats, as long as you don't make an actual buy/sales ad, but just mention in a normal post, that you want to find him a new home with some new friends. In that group there are all kinds of rat owners and rat breeders, both good and bad - so you might want to find out as much as possible about those who are interested in your rat, to make sure it WILL be the right home for him.

Another facebook group called "Tamrotter - opdræt og hyggesnak" https://www.facebook.com/groups/tamrotter/ is mainly for pet rat breeders, who takes breeding good pet rats very serious. That group doesn't allow buying and selling rats - with one exeption: If you only have one rat left after his friends have died, and you don't want to keep rats anymore ... Then it is allowed to try and find him a new and loving home with someone, who will take care of him - and give him new friends for company. You just can't take any money for him, as it won't be a sale, but rather searching for someone who will be happy to take good care of him for the rest of his natural life.
Perhaps that will be the right group for you to try and find the perfect new home for your little boy? :)
4 lækre hanrotter, 2 dværgpapegøjer, 4 nymfeparakitter og 1 fritgående kanin

Nicola
DTF Forum Medlem

Indlæg af Nicola » man jul 27, 2020 11:55 pm

Thank you! I don’t plan on selling him for any money. I just want him to have the best life. I am very worried about giving him to the wrong person. I will try the second group tomorrow. I hope I am making the right decision, I would much rather prefer to keep him...but as I have been told, even if I give him lots of attention I will never replace a rat friend😢

Brugeravatar
Lylle My
Site Admin

Indlæg af Lylle My » tirs jul 28, 2020 12:14 am

That is absolutely correct. A human being will never be able to give a rat a fully satisfying life - only other rats can do that.
But just take your time, and if you don't feel right about someone who is interested - then respect your gut feeling and wait for someone who makes you feel more secure.

A few good pictures of the little fellow often helps to create interest from the group members. And you can always make it clear, that you would like to get updates from time to time about his life in the new home. :wink:

Brugeravatar
Lylle My
Site Admin

Indlæg af Lylle My » tirs jul 28, 2020 12:37 am

I can see that you have requested membership in the last group now (I am one of the administraters in there), but you haven't answered the questions needed to get membership, and your request can't be accepted until the questions have bin correctly answered.

Do you need a translation of the three questions?

Nicola
DTF Forum Medlem

Indlæg af Nicola » tirs jul 28, 2020 9:27 am

Hi! Thank you so much for your help. I asked my husband to translate the questions for me this morning. Hopefully it works now. You are very kind. Thank you!

Brugeravatar
Lylle My
Site Admin

Indlæg af Lylle My » tirs jul 28, 2020 1:22 pm

Great. I really hope you will find the perfect new home for him. I have seen his pictures in the facebook group, and he is SUCH a beautiful a little boy. :mrgreen:

Besvar