Alt om vores kære tamrotter.

Redaktør: Lylle My

Besvar
Laura van der Worp
DTF Forum Medlem

Hollidays

Indlæg af Laura van der Worp » man jun 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi everyone :-)

I am going on holliday next month, and looking for someone with rat experience to take care of my little sweethearts.
Now I wonder, how you guys do this? I don't have anyone around here that could look after them for 2 weeks, and I also prefer if it's someone who is experienced with rats.
I live in Aarhus, and if anyone would like to have a 2 weeks holliday in Aarhus (Åbyhøj) (you're welcome to bring your own rats, I have a spare cage) it would be an option for someone to stay at my appartment those 2 weeks for holliday and to take care of my rats. It would also be an option to bring my rats somewhere (and of course pay for it, or return the favor!) and pick them up again (with their cage), if it's somewhere close to Aarhus. As long as I can trust that proper care will be taken and they will be taken to the vet if needed. I have 2 oldies that might get put down to sleep before I go on holliday, as they are getting in less good shape pretty fast, but if they are still there, I need to be able to trust that someone is not scared of taking them to the vet it this is needed. And I have 2 youngsters (very hyperactive!) from less then half a year old, who need proper time to run around outside the cage, preferably daily for at least half an hour.

Does anyone have a good idea, or could someone help me out with this? For exact dates, plase send me a private message.

Any ideas are more then welcome, thanks!

/Laura

Brugeravatar
Lylle My
Site Admin
Geografisk sted: Aalborg

Re: Hollidays

Indlæg af Lylle My » man jun 13, 2016 9:13 pm

Perhaps you would have a much better chance of getting the best possible holliday-care for the little darlings, if you tried to ask in one of fhe fancy rats groups on facebook? These days facebook is the "in-place", and the fancy rats groups have lots and lots of members with great experience in caring for the little rascals. :)

My personal favorite group is the one called "Tamrotter - opdræt/salg og hyggesnak" https://www.facebook.com/groups/tamrotter/ , because so many of the most experienced breeders are members. There are many, many other fancy rat groups on facebook, but I don't really know very much about the others... But if noone in that group is able to take care of your babies for the holiday, maybe they can recomend another group that also have many experienced rat owners? :)
4 lækre hanrotter, 2 dværgpapegøjer, 4 nymfeparakitter og 1 fritgående kanin

Laura van der Worp
DTF Forum Medlem

Re: Hollidays

Indlæg af Laura van der Worp » tirs jun 14, 2016 9:35 am

Thanks for your reply!
I wasn't aware of this group, I've just requested to become a member and will try to see if anyone over there can help me out, thanks again! :D

Besvar